Reporter Stats[edit | edit source]
You can see a reporter's base statistics before hiring them, and a recap of current stats for Reporters that you have hired in Manage Reporters. Here's what the statistics mean.
- Skill = A reporter's raw talent, applied to any story they work on. This number never changes.
- Level = Works the same as Talent, but increases once per in-game year, as the reporter gets more experience or when they are the top story reporter in an Award Winning issue.
- Happiness = Percentage based, also determines how much of their skill and level is applied towards their work. Changes over time.
- Political bias = Reporters have their own beliefs, which will influence the stories they write.
- Likes = Reporters have 0-3 story genres they prefer to write about. The produce better work and gain happiness when working on such stories.
- Dislikes = Reporters have 0-2 story genres they dislike. They produce sub par work and lose happiness when working on these.
- Personality Traits = Reporters have 0-3 personality traits assigned, which may impact a story's value, depending upon the story genre